Promise Me: How a Sister's Love Launched the Global Movement to End Breast Cancer - Nancy G. Brinker
Let me start off by saying that Promise Me is MOST DEFINITELY worth the read. Thank you Goodreads First Reads for making me aware of this book and for allowing me to enter the contest that allowed me to win this book for free.

Not only is Promise Me Nancy Brinker's biography that features a look into her relationship with her sister but also, it is an examination of the progress that has been made throughout history in breast cancer awareness, treatment, and hope for a cure. While reading the various accounts of other people with breast cancer spread within the story of Promise Me, I realized that while breast cancer may seem like a problem that appeared in recent history, it has existed since the beginning of time. It is the change in attitude taken towards breast cancer that has resulted from work like Nancy Brinker's and organizations like Susan G. Komen for the Cure that interests and inspires me most.

I strongly encourage this book for a look into a beautiful and personal story about two sisters and the promise one made to the other. Keep tissues handy for the tears and a writing pad handy for the resolutions you will make. Enjoy!